Just a few short years ago making the switch from paper forms to electronic forms could be challenging. And once you accomplished converting over to an e-form, you now had to deal with making sure your customers were able to access the forms. Compatibility issues were common and the ability to access from mobile devices was limited. Today, making the switch is so much easier, especially when you choose to use Paperless Forms to get the job done. Here’s how to get started with your conversion process.
Select the Forms You Want to Turn into Digital Forms
The process of creating an e-form itself is relatively simple. The most difficult decision you might face at first is deciding which forms to start with. When choosing your forms, take into consideration the workflows that it will be associated with and who the audience will be for each form. It’s a good idea to start with a form that will immediately move information into your business systems to complete a business process. Some great examples include:
- Sales agreements that once electronically signed by customers, are the foundation of the business.
- Employee checklists, such as acknowledgement that they have read important notices or are following necessary procedures.
- Applications and registration forms that are used to initiate business processes.
Create a User Account at Paperless Forms
If you have not already created your user account, now is the time. Before creating your account, consider how many forms you will need to create. There are four account options available:
- Personal – for one single-part form template—recommended for entrepreneurs who need only one e-form
- Basic – for up to five multi-part form templates—recommended for personal use or small businesses
- Enterprise – for up to 12 multi-part form templates—ideal for both small and medium businesses
- Premium – an unlimited number of multi-part form templates—designed for medium and large businesses
Get to Work Creating Your First Form
After logging into your Paperless Forms account, you’ll be taken to your dashboard. Click on the “Form Builder” icon and get to work creating your custom form. You don’t need any special programming skills to create your form. All you need to be able to do is drag and drop the fields that will be included in your form and then customize those fields as needed.
Don’t forget to save your customized form. If you ever need assistance with creating your e-form to match your paper form, you can request assistance from Paperless Forms. When you’re ready you can send your form to an unlimited number of recipients or users and then view responses from your dashboard.
Paperless Forms makes it easy to convert your legacy forms and documents into interactive e-forms that can be accessed on any device, including mobile devices. E-forms is not only about getting your forms where they need to be faster, your business also benefits from immediate access to the data your forms gather without the need to hand key the data into your enterprise applications.